Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Day 138: Lauren in the Freezer

My first Mother's Day was definitely not what I had expected, especially since JJ was out of town. He did surprise me with this Deep Freezer though, once he got home from his trip. Now I know that this really isn't your typical Mother's Day gift, but I was pretty ecstatic when I came home and saw it sitting in my living room. A few months ago, after watching several documentaries on how horrible our food industry is, I decided that I was going to stop buying meat from the grocery stores and start buying locally from ranches who raised their cattle on grass, and in a humane way. After lots of research I finally found a ranch that was nearby where I could order grass-fed beef. Well unfortunately it takes awhile to actually get the beef ( I am still waiting on my order that I placed in March), so we put off buying the deep freeze that will hold the quarter of a cow that we bought. I thought that JJ had forgotten about it, especially since it took a little convincing and lot of pleading to get him on board to begin with, so it really did make me happy that he remembered and picked out the freezer that we would need. When I got home that day he had of course already put Lauren in the freezer because it was "so cute"! Please don't worry, the freezer was not turned on while Lauren was inside. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment