Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 4: Lauren helping mommy with diaper laundry


After a little over a week of being in disposables, Lauren will finally be back in her cloth diapers. When I first decided to cloth diaper Lauren, I had to do a lot of research. I, like most people, imagined a bunch of flat pieces of cloth and sharp safety pins that would be sent off to be cleaned by a service. Once I started reading different mommy boards and websites I found a whole world filled with bright, colorful, easy to use cloth diapers that I could wash at home. What I didn't realize was that I was going to have to use a special detergent so that she would not develop a rash.


At first it went really well, but after a few months of washing in Tide Lauren developed a nasty rash that would not go away. Her pediatrician told me to stop the cloth and put her in disposables. Since I had invested so much money into all these cute diapers there was no way I was giving up that easy, so after some more research I realized that I needed to put them through a process called "stripping", and then switch to a "cloth diaper friendly" detergent. So that's what we did the past 2 days. Hopefully it worked and the rash won't come back. I really don't want to have to sell off all my diapers.

No comments:

Post a Comment