Saturday, February 26, 2011

Day 53: Never Say Never

Before Lauren was born, there were so many things I swore I would not do. I would never let my child wear a disposable diaper (after the rash she had, we had no choice for awhile), I would not think about giving her formula (after my freezer stash of milk ran out I had no choice), and I would never, ever let my child sleep in my bed (ha, ha, ha, that joke was on me). When I went back to work after maternity leave, that last "never" changed real quick. No way was I going to wake up and get out of bed in the middle of the night to feed her when I could just roll over and not really even have to wake up. Well after a couple weeks she started sleeping through the night, but by then she was just so used to being with us that I didn't have the patience to make her sleep in her crib. Fast forward 4 months and the child is still sleeping with us. It hadn't been a big deal until recently because she has become so mobile. We have a king sized bed and this 14 lb. 11oz. baby takes up about 3/4 of it. We are going to give transitioning her to her crib a shot over spring break when I don't have to wake up at 6:00 in the morning, but until then we will just have to deal with this monster we have created.

No comments:

Post a Comment